No internet and a long drive

8:30:00 PM

Due to our recent moving and installing ourselves the last week, we weren’t able to get any internet in our house until now. That means that I couldn’t read my mails, couldn’t skype with my parents, family and friends, but it also meant that I couldn’t post my posts on the blog. But don’t worry, I still cleaned up, did the dishes and the washing. So thats what kept me busy when my husband was in school.

Last time I wrote about my beautiful blue socks in my red flats. But that wasn’t the point. The point was that I got to pick almost 4 kg. When I came home I just put the berries in a big plastic bag in the refrigerator. My freezer isn’t big enough so I can’t just put them in there. And what would I do with them afterwards? They’d probably taste like frozen water. I decided to let them sit in the refrigerator. My mother-in-law would know what to do with them, so I would take them the day after when we went there to stay over the weekend. The plums I picked from the plumtree in the garden at church were also smiling at me. The plums looked so good, it looked like they were inviting me for a snack. So I accepted their offer and ate two of them.


My parents-in-law live a little more than an hour away from us. Luckily this week we could loan the car from my mother-in-law, since we don’t have any. Otherwise we would have to take the bus and that would’ve taken us two hours to reach their small village. That sounds a lot to this belgian one who’s used to the city. But as I said, we were lucky we ‘only’ had to drive more than an hour. I think I’ll have to get used to the long driving. Well in Belgium you drive on the highway with a speedlimit of 120 km/h but here you drive on the normal road with a lot of curves so the speedlimit is 80 km/h. That’s why it takes more time. In Belgium you count kilometers, here you count minutes. 



You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Me

Me

Popular Posts