Piles of dishes and messy stickiness

11:45:00 PM

It's almost been a month since I posted my last post "Time for another Juice". I should be ashamed of myself but I can't help it. Two options: Or I have been really busy or I just have a lack of inspiration... I can't choose. It's both. I started cleaning once a week. I clean at our church and I want to do it precisely. I think my mother and mother-in-law suffer the same illness, if you can call it that way.

But there's also a house to keep clean. I was quite satisfied with what I did today: washed the clothing, did the dishes that were piled up in and next to the kitchen sink - I need to do it myself since we don't owe a dishwasher -, cooked dinner, with some help of my husband of course. Cooking means more things in the sink. Let's do it later. Oh wait, let my husband do it. 
After our dinner, my husband went searching for his memory card he lost while we were at church. I still had some egg-white that I didn't use so I decided to get up from the comfortable sofa and make something: Meringue. It would be easy they said... Well at least I tried. It took a looooong time before it even started to look like something that maybe could be meringue. After trying different styles of mixing the ingredients together, I finally decided to put it all in a small long bowl since I didn't make any progress with the bigger ones. I was in my own world, just looking and waiting and trying to get what the recipe was saying. I got bored of holding the bowl and I let go. Too late! Half of the liquid was spattered all over the place: the cupboards, the wall, the floor, my sewing machine, a flatscreen, our new carpet, me and my dress. Glory!
The first thing I did was trying to take of my dress, wich I had to pull over my head since there's no zipper on it. Luckily I didn't get it in my hair. My arms, hands and feet were all sticky. Mission nr. 2: Clean our new carpet! I only bought it for 25€ in Belgium but that doesn't mean I can just spill anything on it. After all the cleaning up there still was half of the bowl filled with liquid and another big pile of dishes in the sink. I decided to wait on my husband. Shortly after, he arrived. He just looked at me with his big blue eyes and smiled when I told him all about the spilled liquid. He decided to mix the liquid that was left until I could use it to make meringues. He also helped doing dishes. After showering all the stickiness of, we tried our first homemade meringues. It was a succes!

You Might Also Like

1 reacties

  1. Keep writing! It'll be a great history for you for years to come, and you'll get better at it as you go too!

    ReplyDelete

Me

Me

Popular Posts