Oslo in all its coldliness

10:30:00 AM



My first time in the Capital city since we've been married, actually since I ever visited Norway. My first time Norway was when I was four. 
Getting ready after a night without much sleep was quiet exhausting but my plan was to take a nap in the car since the drive would take 2,5 hours. I stuck to the plan and slept, as usual, with my mouth wide open. The first thing we needed to do when we came into Oslgo was finding a parking spot in the underground parking lot. Little did I know it would be really expensive to park the car at that spot...
We helped an uncle and aunt out with bearing a large sofa they got free at a museum in Oslo. I took the big pillows in the car. When I came back everyone was smiling. My husband had ripped his pants whilst trying to lift the sofa. I had to check it of course and I started laughing. -I'm even laughing as I'm writing these words down...- So our task was to get him a new pair of trousers. Easy job! 

We walked and walked and walked. The boys talking about street names, statues and buildings, me just following. Looking around and absorbing the sound and view of the city.
We started with taking a look at the Royal Palace. We didn't meet the royal family but the guardians waved at us instead. Just kidding. It was freezing cold and those three men were standing there like icicles in their stiff costumes. I was glad I didn't have to march back and forth in front of the palace where everyone takes a picture of me in my black uniform. 

Since it was a cold day we had to warm ourselves up inside the warm and overcrowded shops. Of course your body needs something to drink/eat so we stopped in a few café's for coffee and hot chocolate. I even bought a beautiful drink mug in a second hand store. We couldn't decide wich museum we were going to visit, so we first walked around until we finally decided to try out the national museum. We arrived 30 minutes before closing time and we got to spend the last 20 minutes racing around in the museum for free, so at least we saved some money on that. Actually 5 minutes before closig time the security guardians pushed everyone out of the museum with their rigorous looks. The lady was actually the worst. I can still remember what her voice sounded like.
It was evening, still cold and we were getting hungry. We went to a delicious Indian restaurant to finish our day with a three course dinner. I was almost ready when I got a message from a cousin she also was in Oslo, so she took the tram to grab a cup of coffee with me whilst the boys ate their dessert (Since I don't like dessert, my husband always gets the double portion). Our day was ended by a walk to the car and founding out it was ridicilously expensive to park the car. 
Wait a moment... I would be lying if I told you our day ended just with driving home. But for that adventure you will have to read the next blogpost Driving home

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Me

Me

Popular Posts