Oil and water

10:00:00 PM

Monday I had visitors. But before they came I just wanted to have a clean house. So I washed the floor. But whilst cleaning the floor, I got a marvelous idea. Why not change the décor or the way the furniture was standing in the livingroom. I just moved the cupboard, the mirror, two sofa’s but not just once. I had this idea in my head that when I moved the furniture in a specific way that the room would look bigger. The more I moved, the more my head was spinning with ideas. What if I moved this piece of furniture this way or that way and so forth. Finally I was finished. I sat back in the sofa and sighed. Finally ready. Now my small house was ready for visitors.

Guess what? I heard some noise. Peep Peep Peep… Seven times. I wondered what it was. I knew that the washing machine was on. I decided to take a quick look. Yes, oh yes! It was the washing machine. I saw the water halfway the tub. What now? I couldn’t open the door. It was locked so the water couldn’t get out. I sent a simple text message to my husband saying: Help!! When he got home, he got to take a look. He read on internet what the solutions were. After trying everything we had read, the only solution seemed to be to let the water run out at the bottom. Because it was a used washing machine, we found hair pins and a nail. The whole bathroom was wet but I was ok with it.

I was not so inspired to make food so I decided to make fresh fries. I’m Belgian you know. We are known for our fries. But why does everyone call them French fries? Do the fries have their origin in France? Since I’m Belgian I don’t think so. They’re Belgian. I have read that the irish word ‘to french’ means ‘to cut’. So the potatoes are cut and fried. That’s why they’re called French fries. The dutch word for it is ‘Frieten’. So I made fries for 5 people. My husband put the vegetable oil in the new fryer. All seemed to be all right but it wasn’t. I put the fries in the fryer and the boiling oil came out of it and flowed all over my kitchen floor. I was so nearby and didn’t know what to do. I yelled at my husband to take out the plug. I could cry. But I was thankful that no boiling oil gushed up since my face was so nearby. I’m thankful that It didn’t touch me. Even though I had to clean up my kitchen floor on my knees with visitors sitting in the sofa, I was grateful for no damage.

The next day we put the washing machine back on. So again the machine stopped and I saw my towels drowning in the drum. I was frustrated. The house I had cleaned looked like a pigsty. Last but not least, on the next day I tried the machine again. It didn’t help. I pressed the button ‘drain’ but it only functioned for 1 minute. Again the sound of a peeping machine. Seven times. I was really mad. I told my husband that if he came home, we would open the machine and let the water run out again. We did. The water was pink. The water was flooding. I stood there with my mop. I can tell you, It was like if I was doing a workout. The bathroom was turned into a pink ocean. The washing machine was the ark. I pressed the button drain again so all the water came out. I didn’t care If it looked like a mess. I wanted my towels back. Finally all the water was gone. We were left with a broken washing machine. That meant I had to wash our clothes at my sister-in-law. I didn’t think that was a problem. But I was thinking about us having to buy another washing machine. I was sad.

My husband thought the pump was broken. That meant we’d have to buy another pump and we’d have to wait for it so I’d have to wash my clothes at other places. You can live without a dryer and without a dishwasher but not without a washing machine. It’s a total disaster even if you’re only two. 
My husband decided not to give up. He wanted to take a look at the washing machine today. So he did. He took out the pump. I wasn’t convinced if it would make any difference or not but why not give it a try. He found a small leather strap from his sweater twisted in the pump. I was so glad he found the cause of this trouble I just gave him a kiss. I’d never think I would be so glad about a washing machine. 
You only know what you have until it’s gone, so dear friends appreciate all things, even the washing machine!

You Might Also Like

1 reacties

Me

Me

Popular Posts